Wednesday 19 August 2015

Cross Country Memoir

I started my second lap. My heart and lungs were aching, but I had finally managed to control my breathing. I was pacing myself to a good speed, not too fast and not too slow.

I was half way when I heard Corban say "Hurry up chop chop!"
He should try run this race," I thought to myself. I sped up a bit. The parents started to cheer because the first few people were finishing.

As I ran around the last turn, Olivia came into sight. I sprinted. I just missed Olivia by a centimetre so I finished fifth.

I was happy all the same because I had achieved my goal which was to make it to COs and I had participated without getting injured or having to stop. I had tried.

1 comment:

  1. Don't these photos look fantastic alongside your memoir, what an excellent day's work Emma!

    ReplyDelete