Wednesday 2 September 2015

Kapahaka Performance

                                                                        Polyfest

"And next up we have Goldfields Primary School from Cromwell!" exclaimed the host. Since I was at the front of the line, I had to lead the front row on stage. I scanned the crowd, looking for Goldfields supporters and smiled.


 "Oh no," I thought "Natalia has forgotten to sing!' Of course, I was wrong. She had just started quite quietly. Then it was Victoria`s turn. Her voice flew around the room as beautiful as a rare song bird.

As I cleared my throat the next song began. I started to sing and do the actions. The crowd stared at us, captivated. My throat felt like it was on fire, but parts of it was as dry as a desert. As we finished the last line of Kapi Oi Oi, the crowd clapped in amazement. 


"Two down, one to go," I thought to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment