Wednesday 21 October 2015

Holidays Memoir

I could see big orange flames burning high into he sky as we burnt the rabbits hiding places. I could smell the stinky stench of smoke. 

All of a sudden a big spark flew towards me and landed on my neck. "Dad!" I screamed, 'Dad I'm on fire!" I stood there, horrified, a tears poured out of my eyes. My neck seared with pain.

After a few seconds Dad and Lachie came sprinting over. Dad saw the hole in my top and blister on my neck so he rushed me over to the creek. My burn felt a tiny bit better as Dad poured water on it.

When I was feeling better, Lachie asked me how getting bur t felt. I described it to him. "Imagine burning yourself on a hot frying pan then double the pain." I laughed as he ran back to the truck, hiding from the fires. I saw around 20 rabbits, that had just escaped one of the fires, chasing after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment